Harness the Giving Power of a Private Foundation—Without the Complexity
Donor Advised Funds
Want to learn more about donor advised funds? View and download the FREE guide One-Stop Giving: The Convenience and Simplicity of Donor Advised Funds.View My Free Brochure
Are you looking for an easy, cost-effective way to support the Catholic Diocese of Baton Rouge and other causes you love? A donor advised fund, which is like a charitable savings account, may be the right choice for you.
Here's how it works. You transfer cash or other assets to a tax-exempt sponsoring organization such as a public foundation. You can then recommend—but not direct—how much and how often money is granted to the Diocese of Baton Rouge or other charities—sometimes as easily as using a Web portal. And you avoid the cost and complexities of managing a private foundation.
You qualify for a federal income tax charitable deduction at the time you contribute to the account, and the power to make recommendations on which charities to support whenever you want. You centralize your giving and record-keeping in one location. And maybe best of all, you can start a legacy of giving by letting your children help decide which grants to recommend.
Check Out This Potential Scenario
- Evaluate a sponsoring organization, such as the Baton Rouge Area Foundation, to make sure it supports your interests, values and the type of asset you are considering as a funding source.
- Get to know the organization's policies and procedures-from minimum contributions to administrative fees. Each organization handles these details differently.
- Seek the advice of your financial or legal advisor.
- Contact Tamika Edwards-Raby, Director of Stewardship, at 225-242-0106 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss using donor advised funds to support the Diocese of Baton Rouge and our mission.
- If you include the Diocese of Baton Rouge in your plans, please use our legal name and federal tax ID.
Legal Name: The Roman Catholic Church of the Diocese of Baton Rouge
Address: 1800 S. Acadian Thruway, Baton Rouge, LA 70808
Federal Tax ID Number: #72-0550127
The information on this website is not intended as legal or tax advice. For such advice, please consult an attorney or tax advisor. Figures cited in any examples are for illustrative purposes only. References to tax rates include federal taxes only and are subject to change. State law may further impact your individual results. Annuities are subject to regulation by the State of California. Payments under such agreements, however, are not protected or otherwise guaranteed by any government agency or the California Life and Health Insurance Guarantee Association. A charitable gift annuity is not regulated by the Oklahoma Insurance Department and is not protected by a guaranty association affiliated with the Oklahoma Insurance Department. Charitable gift annuities are not regulated by and are not under the jurisdiction of the South Dakota Division of Insurance.